Quinoa Pizza Bites
I made these amazing pizza bites for Australia day. 150 bites devoured in no time. Kids, vegetarians and meat eaters all loved them. The tribe filled up, leaving so much left over meat we had another BBQ the next weekend. Really quick and simple to make.
How to prepare
- Cook the quinoa by with the absorption method ..1 part quinoa to 2 parts water.. or free boil in a generous amount of boiling water until tender. Strain and set aside in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Grate the mozzarella into the bowl of quinoa, add cherry tomatoes that have been halved and the basil leaves that have been roughly chopped. Now add in the Italian Classic Herb blend and the salt and gently stir until mixed.
- Crack the eggs into a cup and roughly stir to combine. Then add the eggs to the quinoa mix and combine well.
- Grease a muffin tin and put spoonfuls into the tin so that they are about 1cm thick. For bite size use a mini muffin tin or for snack size use a standard muffin tin.
- Bake at 200 degC for 20 minutes or until brown and crisp. Allow the pizza bites to cool in the pan before removing.